The South Carolina Realtors' 2015 joint annual conference and expo with the North Carolina Association of Realtors took place Sept. 12-15 at the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa.
The event, the third time the states have partenered to host it, was attended by more than 800 Realtors from across the Carolinas. Attendees spent the four days networking and listening to presentations from keynote speakers Marcus Sheridan of River Pools and Spas and National Association of Realtors Economist Lawrence Yun. Additional educational sessions focusing on increasing Realtor professionalism using the latest technology were offered, and a 60-booth expo and tradeshow was held.
The South Carolina Realtors Board of Directors met at the conference, approving motions to offer new member benefits such as Inman News subscriptions and ZipForm Transaction Management System. Also approved was a motion to expand the South Carolina Realtors Roadshow to include brokers and local associations across the state.
New board leaders were installed, including incoming 2016 President David Kent, who is the broker in charge at the Real Buyers Agent HBC Inc. in Charleston.
Other new leaders welcomed included:
- Vice President, Region 1: Corwyn Melette, Charleston Trident Association of Realtors;
- Vice President, Region 2: Cynthia Creamer, Hilton Head Area Association of Realtors;
- Vice President, Region 3: Melodye Lane-Laveglia, Coastal Carolinas Association of Realtors;
- Vice President, Region 4: Kimberly Matthews Tabor, Sumter Board of Realtors;
- Vice President, Region 5: Wilbur Lane, Aiken Board of Realtors;
- Vice President, Region 6: Adair Senn, Greater Greenville Association of Realtors;
- Vice President, Region 7: Michael Dawson, Spartanburg Association of Realtors;
- Parliamentarian: Michael Bruce, Sumter Board of Realtors;
- President-Elect: David Phillips, Western Upstate Association of Realtors;
- Treasurer: Laura Derrick, Central Carolina Association of Realtors;
- Secretary: Colleen Coesens, Piedmont Regional Association of Realtors; and
- Immediate Past President: Fritzi Barbour, Greater Greenville Association of Realtors.
Acting as special speakers at the board of directors meeting were National Association of Realtors' President-Elect Bill Brown and Kenny Parcell, the National Association of Realtors' 2015 Realtor Party Director Liaison.
The South Carolina Realtors also recognized the following 2015 award winners at the conference:
- Jay Rinehart, 2015 SC Realtor of the Year
- Bobette Fisher, Omega Tau Rho Award
- Lee Vining and Jane Locke, C. Dan Joyner Community Service Awards
- Terry White, Distinguished Service Award
"We enjoyed coming together again with the North Carolina Association of Realtors to offer the best conference for Realtor members from both states,” said The South Carolina Realtors CEO Nick Kremydas.