The keynote speaker at the Sept. 29 Green is Good for Business Conference in Columbia will be Dr. Michael Lynch, NASCAR's vice president for green innovation.
Lynch will speak about NASCAR Green, one of the country's major sustainability platforms. NASCAR has three green programs currently, and the group provides a proving ground for new technologies.
Through these programs, NASCAR:
- Operates the largest renewable energy projects in sports
- Manages the largest waste diversion program in sports
- Serves as a proving ground to validate new technologies
- Collaborates with the industry and other organizations that care deeply about sustainability
- Champions sustainable behavior to millions of fans align with NASCAR fan values
“NASCAR Green is a game-changer," Mary Pat Baldauf, sustainability facilitator for the City of Columbia, said. "It is a model sustainability program and has successfully engaged some of the very people green businesses want to engage.”
Registration for the conference is $50 per person. Online registration is available at http://greenisgoodforbusiness.eventbrite.com.
Want to get notified whenever we write about City of Columbia, South Carolina ?
Sign-up Next time we write about City of Columbia, South Carolina, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.