The finalists have been announced for the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce has announced the finalists for its 2015 Honors Awards Night, set for Sept. 10.
The event will run from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Francis Marion Hotel.
The finalists include organizations and business and community leaders that have shown commitment to the Charleston area's economic development and overall quality of life.
Finalists for awards include the following:
- For the Trailblazer, which honors an organization that has created a cutting-edge product or service: BoomTown, Home Telecom and Ingevity.
- For the Beacon, which fetes a project or structure that elevates aesthetics and improves quality of life for the region: Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park, Park Circle and Trident Technical College's Nursing and Science Building
- For the Rock Star, which recognizes an organization that has experienced a significant achievement resulting in a positive impact on the region: DIG South; WestRock Land and Development, for the development of Nexton; and The Post and Courier
- For the Pillar, which lauds an organization known for long-standing excellence: Joint Base Charleston, LS3P and Roper St. Francis Healthcare
- For the Milestone, which honors a small business (maximum of 50 employees) that illustrates excellence in entrepreneurship, employee relations, diversity and community contribution and involvement: Croghan’s Jewel Box, Freeland Construction Co., Inc. and Wonder Works
Other awards that will be presented include the One to Watch, which will recognize a young professional with outstanding professional success in the business arena who demonstrates impeccable leadership qualities in the community; and the Joseph P. Riley Leadership Award to celebrate a visionary leader doing extraordinary work to strengthen the community who is also an outstanding community volunteer and has demonstrated a lifetime of leadership.
For more information about the 2015 Honors Night Awards or to purchase tickets, visit www.charlestonchamber.net or call 843-577-2510.
4500 Leeds Ave Suite 100
North Charleston, SC - 29405