Several Golden Pineapple Awards were presented by the Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (CACVB) recently to hospitality professionals who provide outstanding service.
The winners were honored at a luncheon during the Travel Council Annual Meeting held at Kiawah Island Golf Resort. The event's keynote speaker was Christina Grdovic, publisher of Food & Wine magazine.
The Golden Pineapple Awards have been a staple for CACVB since the group began in 1985. Winners of the award are chosen based on their promotion of the positive growth of tourism, which is Charleston's leading industry.
This year's Golden Pineapple recipients were:
- Bill Hall, owner of Hall’s Chophouse, for his leadership in the restaurant community
- Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel, for its major role in showcasing Charleston as a golf destination during the International Association of Golf Tour Operators Conference
- EventWorks, for showcasing Charleston as a golf destination during the International Association of Golf Tour Operators Conference
- Steve Bedard, City of Charleston chief financial officer, for his strong governmental backing of Charleston's tourism industry
- Charleston County Parks & Recreation, for diversifying attractions and offerings available to visitors and for the opening of McLeod Plantation to the public
- Greater Charleston Restaurant Association, Inc., for leadership in Charleston's restaurant community
In addition, Larry Grooms received the Barrett Larrimore Tourism Leadership Award for his service and support of the growth of the hospitality industry in the Charleston area.
Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Organizations in this Story
Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau • Charleston County Parks & Recreation • Greater Charleston Restaurant Association, Inc • International Association of Golf Tour Operators • McLeod Plantation • Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel