On a scale of lowest to highest, the state and local effective tax rate for South Carolina ranks 13th in the nation, according to a new WalletHub.com study of tax burdens imposed by the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 1 238 furniture and home furnishings stores in South Carolina have between five and nine employees in 2016
- 2 43.8% unemployed in Darlington in 2017
- 3 46.8% unemployed in Hilton Head Island in 2017
- 4 South Carolina 2-year college students pay $5,640 in tuition and fees
- 5 442 furniture and home furnishings stores in South Carolina have between one and four employees in 2016
Get the latest business news and updates - delivered right to your inbox
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Palmetto Business Daily. You can unsubscribe at any time.