Three state and regional organizations recently presented Lambert Architecture + Construction Services with honors at the 2016 South Carolina Historic Preservation Awards for the company’s restorative work on Columbia’s Lady Street and Main Street sites.
The Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation, the South Carolina Department of Archives and History and the office of the Lieutenant Governor collaboratively sponsored two awards recognizing the firm’s careful rehabilitation of several buildings.
Lambert’s project at 522 Lady St. comprised a remake of the former Columbia Cigar and Candy Store and Warehouse, originally built in 1929, into 29,000 square feet of historic office space in conjunction with Landtech and McCrory Construction.
At 1614, 1620, 1626 Main St., Lambert undertook adaptive re-use of three adjoining buildings totaling 52,500 square feet that are listed on the National Historic Register. After rehabilitation, the parcel now features corporate offices, restaurants, pharmacy exam rooms, a health club and a conference center, revitalizing Columbia’s previously dilapidated block of Main Street.
The Main Street project was delivered with the cooperation of Mashburn Construction and Agape Senior Care, owner of the new corporate offices.
Columbia-based Lambert Architecture + Construction Services supports re-using existing building stock to preserve the history and the character of towns and cities.
522 Lady Street, Columbia, SC 29201